Sunday, December 5, 2010

1920's

Dylinn's 1920's Speakeasy Themed birthday party was a huge success.  I'll post photos and talk about that soon, promise! First, let me just tell you how great we all looked.  So great in fact, that I convinced myself, and then my family, that our family portraits this year should be in our costumes.  Then I rounded up my good friend Tamlin and forced him to do the photoshoot.  He took all these photos on the automatic setting, but he and I did discuss poses, lighting, and tested out ideas together.  Some (a few I've shown below) were a huge success.  And some weren't so great (you won't see those).  I intentionally wanted the photos to look a little older.  That sepia style with a touch of color.  Overall, with a little cropping and processing, they all came out looking pretty amazing.  I could not be happier.   

With extra special thanks to Tamlin's wife for being an impromptu hair and make-up artist as well as photo assistant.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment