Monday, November 12, 2012

Professional Juggler

I just finished watching "I Don't Know How She Does It" and let me tell you, this is the story of my life.



Women everywhere walk the tight rope between work and home, of being a wife and mother of excelling at it all.  And I love this movie not just because she makes it work, but because things are crazy and hectic and sometimes she falls flat on her face.  Sometimes the dessert she brings to the bake sale is store bought.  Sometimes she's down to her last clean shirt and sometimes she goes to work with pancake batter on her.  She stays up late at night making lists in her head of all the things that need to get done, of all the doctor's appointments, play dates, birthday party gifts that still need purchased.  There is nothing perfect in this movie.  They're just a family struggling to find that balance and it's good when they do.  And it gives me hope because my life is just as hectic and crazy and wonderful when it all comes together.

If you haven't seen it, you should.  It's worth the time away from work, kids and lists.

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment