Friday, June 25, 2010

Seriously.. You're Blogging?

Okay, so I'm taking the plunge into the world of blogging. It's not that I really think I can keep you all riveted in your seats waiting oh-so-impatiently for my next post.. or even that there will ultimately be a "you all", but I've always hoped to be a bit of a writer, and since "everyone" has a blog and you know I'm a big-fat follower.. here's mine!

(And yes Mom.. if everyone else jumped off a bridge, you know I'd be doing the swan dive too!)

So.. a little about me. I live in SoCal almost against my will. I came down for a visit about 10 years ago and forgot to leave.. oops! I've been divorced and then remarried 6 years ago to an amazing man. I inherited two beautiful girls with my re-marriage who I've committed to with my whole heart. And then we went ahead and had two of our own. At 21, 15, 4 and 2 we run the full gambit of child development angst in our house!

We live in my husband's family home which was built in the early 1930's with a whopping 1200 sf where we manage to squeeze in 3 kids, 2 adults, a big dog, 2 cats and 2 lizards.. to say we're cramped is an understatement. And the chaos that ensues is overwhelming on a good day.. impossible on a bad one. But it's my family.. my world. .my chaos!

I'm an avid multi-tasker.. blog? anyone?. I have my "real" full-time job as a web director for an upscale LA boutique. My "for fun #1" job as a photo digitizer/restorator/archiver/keepsake maker. My other "for fun #2" job is a doing photo manipulation for an architect firm in Chicago for a friend of mine. I'm learning archery and photography.. as well as knitting. I used to watercolor and oil paint and I keep saying that I'll get back to that.. in my spare time. I pretend to sew.. but everyone knows I stink at it but are nice enough not to say it out loud. I am the Queen of List-Making! I'm also a mom, a stepmom, a wife, a friend, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and at times, an overwhelmed crazy woman.

My life is full..

Seriously.. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I love being called "firm" (ties right into your body image post, too - so how I roll??). Seriously, I crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete