Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Breath

Tonight I'll be succinct.

I'm totally and completely stressed out. 

I have DAR Essay contest packets to deliver to 10 schools tomorrow during my lunch hour.  Hopefully charm them enough to actually want their kids to participate. 

My parents will be here tomorrow evening, which means, sometime between now and say 6pm, I need to clean my entire house from top to bottom.  And hopefully keep it clean at least until they arrive before letting The Tweedles put it back into it's natural state of chaos.I'd like my parents to at least be able to witness first hand that my house does actually clean up nice.

I volunteered to do the data entry for Bunny's elementary school contact book.  It took me 10 minutes to do 11.  I have about a thousand more to go. 

I work.  Did I mention I have a day job?  Yeah, that silly little thing.  We're super busy right now as we move into SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for our site.  For those of you who have no idea what it is, don't worry about it.  For those of you who do, that's just over 2300 products that must be brought up to the new SEO standards we're implementing.  Not fun.

We're going on an SCA outting this weekend.  ALL.OF.US.  My parents included.  Since it's an SCA trip, that means garb (or renaissance / medieval dress up outfits) must be washed, dried and re-packed.  The trailer must be emptied and re-packed with hopefully only the essentials this time (we tend to bring a lot of "extra" stuff).  My parents don't have garb, so I've been scurrying around between our loaner stuff and begging from friends to make sure they're outfitted for the time we're there.  And, have I mentioned that I'm "playing kitchen" for our group.  That means I'm handing all the food for 20 people.  Food for all breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the time we're there.  I have 2 vegetarians to account for and two diabetics. 

Laundry.  I haven't done The Tweedles laundry in two weeks.  They are down to the dregs of their clothing.  You know, the stained, tattered and either too big or too small kind.  I'm a terrible mother letting Bunny go to school like that.  So tonight, I plan to do their laundry.  I hope to be finished some time before midnight.

Thankfully, I finished up my contract work earlier this week, so now all I have to do is all the rest of this stuff.

And in between this huge list of tasks I need to accomplish, I still remembered to go to Bunny's back to school night, read bed time stories and tuck two littles into bed.  I came up with a cheap plan to outfit GG for halloween (which I still have to run past her, but I hope it will work out and I can see her smile).  And, I even remembered to breath.  Yeah, gotta focus more on that breathing part.

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment