Thursday, October 14, 2010

Music

Isn't it interesting how music can transport you to a different time and place, or remind you of specific people?  How does it do that? I really want to know.  Anyone? Anyone?



I've had Aaliyah's "Are You That Somebody" in my head for the last few days.  This always reminds me of a co-worker of mine named Don from my very first job out of college.  Not because I had a crush on him or anything like that, but because he hated the baby noises in the song.  It always makes me smile thinking of how much he disliked it.




There's more direct correlation songs though.  I listened to Brandy's "Tomorrow" a lot when I was struggling with weather to leave my first husband or not.  It's not that songs like that can talk you into or out of major life decisions, but it was very very relate-able to what I was experiencing at the time.  Me and Brandy were soul sister's for a while.  She was the only one who really "got" me.



And of course, there's love songs.  Jimmy Wayne's "You Are" is the song I walked down in the aisle to.  This song really speaks to me about The Hubs, about what we have.  I admit, I always get a little weepy when I listen to it, and feel the need to race to the wedding album and relive the whole day moment by moment.  I'm a little girly like that.



Then there's "Our Song" Donna Lewis's "I Love You Always Forever".  To be truthful, it wasn't the one I wanted to be our song, but it just worked out that way.  I think it was the "you've got the most unbelievable blue eyes" part that drew in The Hubs.  He's always telling me how much he loves my eyes.  Which of course, turns me into a giggling bowl of jell-o and makes my knees weak every time.

What are some of your most memorable songs and why?

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment