Monday, February 28, 2011

Jiggly

I confess, I weigh a little more than I'd like.  I jiggle in a lot of places I'd rather not.  And Bug has this annoying habit of poking my fat.  I'd call it baby weight, but since the "baby" is now 3, I think that ship has sailed.  It's more like, chocolate cake, candy, and cooking from the Pioneer Woman's cooking blog (today's chicken fried steak recipe looks amazing!).  Active farm folk, we are not.

I've spent the last year or so giving great though to what I should do with these few extra pounds and really pondering how I would get rid of them.  I didn't want to do anything rash like exercising or God forbid, stop eating chocolaty goodness. Oh, I knew exercise would have to come into play at some point mind you, I just didn't want it to be me riding a stationary bike to no where.  Or squish my fat into a bathing suit.  I wanted whatever I did to be fun as well as hidden in the comfort of my own home.  So, a few weeks ago, I started out slowly and warmed my Nintendo Wii back up and re-weighed myself with my Wii Fit so I'd know exactly how jiggly I was.  I even did some of the exercises one day.  You're proud of me, aren't you?  You should be!  I was sore for a week after that one 15 minute work out! However, since I never actually got to day two of my workout, I figured I needed something with a bit more fun value.

Then I introduced myself to Just Dance 2 for the Wii.  I brought it home one Saturday afternoon, and when Glamour Girl managed to pull her lazy bones out of bed, we put it in.  The first dance we did was a duet - meaning we both got to dance at the same time.  I have never laughed so hard in my entire life!  We both did.  We laughed, we danced, we laughed some more and an hour later she had to go spend time with her Grandmother and I spent another 1/2 hour dancing solo.  I was officially hooked.


This really looked like it was going to be the answer to my jiggly prayers.  There's only one catch.  Everyone else seems to have caught Dance Fever!


Even my rhythm challenged LW got into the act.  I'd like to point out here, that only LW is actually "playing".  She's playing the game solo and is the only one with a Wii controller in her hand.



The game is just so addictive, that GG couldn't help but get into the fun.  And Bunny was soon to follow.


If that wasn't enough to convince me that this was a game meant for us, here's a short video (Thank you H!) taken by my friend of Bunny and her guy friend G, getting down with their funky selves.


I haven't laughed this much in a long time. They aren't very coordinated, but man did they have fun trying!

If I can ever get to play, I think this just might be what me and my jiggly body need!

Seriously.. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Hahah I love it. I think it's brilliant. They did seem to have a lot of fun doing it. I think I'm reeeeally gonna try to convince mum to get mum to get it. Lol and worse comes to worse my birthday is 4 months away, so I can ask her for it then. Lol I think it's what my very jiggly self need too. =)

    ReplyDelete