Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Not So Much.

There are a ton of things I really love about school.  I was admittedly, one of those weird kids who loved school.  I was absolutely bored to tears after the first few days of summer vacation and couldn't wait for school to start again.  All those new pens and notebooks just waiting to be written in.  New books to read and things to learn.  Teachers to get to know, and friends too.  Especially friends.

Now that Bunny is finally in Kinder, you know I took great joy in buying all sorts of school supplies for her and for GG too.  I loved the new clothes.  So cute, let me tell you!  I love this time of year.  Everything is new and wonderful.  It's like Spring for your mind! 

I really loved having GG come home and tell me about each of her classes.  The teachers she was afraid of, and now adores.  I love that a week in, she swears it feels like a month already!  I love that she's making friends in all of her classes and has new boys to tell me about.

I love that Bunny has real, live, honest to goodness, homework assigned by a teacher.  Homework that we have to work on every night!  I love that her teacher had them decorate a "homework" box and filled it with crayons, scissors, a pencil, a pencil sharpener, glue and a big, pink eraser.  I love that Bunny is so excited every time we pull out the box to work on homework.

And while I love all of these things, there's something I do not love.  I do not love that we're just one week into the school year, and already Bunny is sick.  I do not love, that because Bug and Bunny share a room, that now Bug is also sick.  I really, really do not love that Bug went to take his nap this afternoon with the sniffles, and woke up with a fever of 101.1. 

Do I love school?
Absolutely! 

Do I love the germ sharing that always ends up running rampant through my house during the school year?
Yeah, not so much.

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment