Monday, September 13, 2010

Twas the Night Before School

Twas the night before school, and all through the house,
everyone was jittery, like a mouse on caffeine.

Okay, so it doesn't rhyme.  But it's my reality, baby.  Bunny is bouncing, quite literally, in her bed as I type this.  Too excited for school tomorrow to settle in to sleep, despite almost no nap, a hot bath, and story time.  Tomorrow is going to be a loooooooong day for her, and for us I imagine.

GG is "so over" the whole back to school thing.  Too cool to be a twitter, but I know she's excited to see all of her friends again, even if she's not exactly looking forward to all those honors classes.  Ahh, the problems of smart children.

Tonight though, is one of my favorite parts of back to school.  Tonight is when we pick out what they're going to wear the next day.  So many choices, and which will it be? 

For Bunny, she had the following outfit options (special thank you's to Aunt Norma for funding most of the shopping spree items you see below).

She has a blue rustic jean dress with light pink leggings.  Or a light pink school shirt or a dark pink shirt with two front pockets with a dark blue rustic jean skort. 



The blue rustic jean dress has this cute bow detail on the front and ruffle sleeves.  I died when I saw how cute this was. 



But the dark blue rustic jean skort has these cute metal button detailing.  And, it's a skort.  Does it get any better than that?  Of course, both option have pink in them, because that's how Bunny rolls.



For shoes, she has the option of these white sneakers with the Disney princesses.  Bonus, they light up when she walks.


Or, these darling black maryjanes.  They have little sparkly gems on the sides (that aren't so sparkly in this image, but trust me, these babies gleam).  The plus with these cute little numbers is they're dressy shoes with a tiny bit of a baby heal that makes that cool cloppy noise.  We dig the cloppy noise.

GG on the other hand is taking a more cool approach to her first day of school outfit.


Option one includes a black sweater, rolled up sleeves, aviator glasses and a seat belt belt with jeans.  Add the black low converses that she wouldn't let me photograph because I was being "lame".



Option two is only a slight variation of option one, where she ditches the black sweater in favor of a plum tank underneath.  I'm really digging outfit number two.

Who knows which outfits the girls will choose.  I do know that there will be first day of school photos by our "photo tree" where both girls will probably be sick of me and begging to leave long before I'm done taking photos.  But until then, the excitement of the night before school is thick in our house. 

Or maybe that's just my excitement.

Seriously.. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see which one Bunny picked for her first day?!?! The suspense is killing me :DDD

    ReplyDelete