Monday, September 27, 2010

Random

It's been hot here in SoCal.  Okay, that's a bit of an understatement.  Ridiculously hot might be a better way to phrase it.  It was already 76 when I went into work this morning.  At 6:20am.  That's right, 76 degrees before the sun was even up.  What's up with that?  And I'd like to point out that it's SEPTEMBER.  Not just any ol part of September, but nearing the very end.  It will, in fact, be October in just a few days.  Where did all this insane heat come from???

And to make matters worse, when I got home tonight, both of the Tweedles were demanding pool time.  And since The Hubs was trying to study for a test he's taking a little later tonight, and GG had homework of her own, guess who had to go out with them.  Now, you may have seen photos of our pool.  It's about 3' deep and 8' in diameter.  Plus, the little kids play in it.  So this isn't a pool I'm going to readily jump into.  But it's under the shade fabric near the deck, so I figured it would be okay.  So I grabbed my kindle and went out to read while they splashed. BIG.Mistake.  Huge.  I melted.  Then I died.  Then I melted some more.  I think I managed a good 1/2 hour before I dragged them both back inside kicking and screaming.  Heat stroke doesn't look good on me.

Anyway, the brain addling heat has gotten to me.  I've had the song below in my head for several days now.  I can't seem to get rid of it.  So I thought I'd share.  And if you hate country, you can probably skip it, even if it is a funny one.  Enjoy!



I need this heat wave to break before my brain completely cooks!

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment