Friday, October 26, 2012

Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

It was less than a week ago that I complained about being overwhelmed.  Frustrated by not only my own busy schedule, but my complete inability to communicate my frustrations with the people who love me the best, and ask for help.  I got strong feedback from many women who agreed that this is not "just me".  That society does in fact hold women to an unreasonable standard and we perpetuate it by buying into it lock, stock and two smoking barrels - which was a great movie by the way.  See if it you haven't already.


In response to this outpouring of feminine love and encouragement, you would think any sane and normal woman would re-prioritize her life.  Actually find the courage to communicate openly and honestly with her family about the help she needs to take away some of the stress.  Maybe even schedule in some "me" time for a massage.

Unfortunately, I am apparently neither sane nor normal.  My response to this whole situation?  Take on another - albeit exciting - project.

Yeah, I don't feel bad for me any more either.

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment