Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm Lame

I'm lame because I'm so excited about how that picture of Bug came out.  I asked The Hubs if I was a freak because I couldn't stop looking at it.  He said yes.  The Hubs keeps it real man.  When he can stand my company that is.

Let me show you where I started because I know you guys are just as lame interested in this as I am.



I loved Bug peeking through these branches but I didn't like Bunny's dress or her elbow hanging out in the photo.  The interesting part to me, was bug's face, and the branches, so I did a quick crop job.


Then I lightened that branch above Bug's head, because it was bugging (no pun intended) me that it was so dark next to his blown out hair.


Then I darkened the background a bit to make Bug pop out just a little bit more.


Then I smoothed out Bug's skin a bit.  He's got really light skin and blood vessels really close to the surface on his cheeks.  When he even gets a little warm, his face turns all read and a little blotchy.  I didn't want to remove all that color, just even it out a bit, smooth out the lines under his eyes and soften it up a bit so it looks nicer.


Yum.  Can I say that about a photo?  I think I can.  Then I added a little contrast and saturation boost to it and voila!


Man I love this photo!  I might get this one blown up big and framed.  He's such a cutie!

Seriously.. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I like it. the final is great. But I have to say, I like the original one too - maybe better. Only because it's real, ya know? I like him against the scale of the sticks (and even his sister), and I like his cute red cheeks. i maybe would have just cropped out her dress and some off the left o make it a vertical shot and called it a day. But that's just me. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete