Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Affair



Does anyone remember this show?  Bachelor Bill Davis, tries to raise his brother's kids, 15 year old Cissy and 6 year old twins Buffy and Jody with the help of his very English Butler Mr. French?  Man I loved that show.  Does anyone remember the name of Buffy's doll? Anyone? Anyone?



Mrs. Beasley!  I was totally in love with this show.  How come I didn't get to grow up with a Mr. French in my life? Mom? Dad? Are you reading?  Where was my Mr. French???

Of course, that's not what this post is about.  I'm just easily sidetracked and the minute I typed the title to this post, my mind raced back to those crazy childhood days.  Forgive me, for I am blond.  And you know how it is with blonds.

This post is really about archery, and how it's turned into.. wait for it.. a Family Affair.  Glamour Girl went to archery practice with us before she went to visit her mom.  And will join us again when she gets back.

Here's GG in all her archery glory.  She probably got a bulls eye.  She's annoying like that.
Our Lone Wolf joins us when she can, but her work schedule isn't very accommodating.  The real joy is when our Tweedles get into the game.  Let me preface this by saying we are enormously careful when we shoot with them around.  I have no desire to impale my children with arrows.  Well, mostly I don't.

I kid! I kid!

I think.

They have to stay behind us when we shoot.  One of them waits with eager anticipation for us to finish a round.


 One choose to spend her time a bit more constructively while we do our thang.


And they have to wait for us to tell them we're all done before they do this:


And someone gets a bit impatient when we don't run to the target like he does.

But you can't beat the help.

That's my arrow Bunny is pulling out of the bulls eye.  It is!  Why don't you believe me?
Okay, no it's not.  Mines are the ones above that Bug is picking up off the ground.  I'm lame.  Don't judge me.

Archery.  It's a Family Affair.

Seriously... Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I know this post was about the archery but I had to comment on Family Affair - it was my favorite show as a kid and I still love it. I always wanted Mrs. Beasley but never got her. Did you know it comes on every weekday at 7 am (EST) on Antennae TV (sometimes called MeTV) - I watch it everyday !

    ReplyDelete