Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Introducing.. Bunny!

I know I just started doing this, but I feel I've spent an unfair amount of time featuring my baby Bug.  So, today I'll introduce you guys to my Bunny.  Bunny is my first born.  She spent 41.5 weeks (yeah, you read that right) marinating inside me, until the doctor finally forced her out into the world.  She's a happy little Bunny for the most part (as happy as a moody 4 year old can be), and absolute, positively, does not know the meaning of the word shy.  Or as my Old Guy would say "She knows no stranger."  And that is the truth.  We still worry a little about her wandering off with some nice looking person just because they ask.  She really and truly believes that everyone is her friend.  She also believes she's Princess Queen of the Universe and we should all bow to her wishes.  She's a bit delusional on a few levels.

But more than anything, my Bunny is a ham.  A complete and total ham.  Whether it's for a camera, or her class, or just random strangers walking by.  My Bunny is always performing.  This is very distracting at school and at church.  It's mildly amusing and endlessly endearing when various and assorted grandparents come by.  But it is perfect for the camera.  While my Bug rarely performs on command, my Bunny is always at the ready.  Just look at the photos below if you don't believe me.  C'mon!  I dare you!  I double dog dare you!

She starts out okay.  She's leaning a little bit into the camera just to make sure I don't miss her standing there next to her brother.  In her bright pink bathing suit.  She wants to make sure she doesn't blend into the background.  You do see me here Mommy right? 

Then the show starts.  See that oh so subtle tilt to the head and the mischievous look on her face?  Notice how she's leaning even further into the camera? Oh it's coming.  Boy howdy, it's coming.

Notice how her head tilts even further?  And now, she's playing coy.  Oh, I'm so shy, I can't even look at the camera.  Silly camera.  Silly Mommy.

And here we all into the full show.  Look at me!  Look at me!  Mommy are you looking?  Everyone? Just making sure I'm still the center of attention!

Settle down there drama queen.  You aren't getting paid for this photo shoot.  Just smile nicely for me will ya?  That's  a good girl!

Notice how Bug's expression almost doesn't change.  Ask him to stand and smile for Mommy, and he'll do just that.  He's such a good boy.  Ahhh, it's good to be the baby of the family, so you can be so secure of your place, that you don't have to ham it up for the crowd.

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment