Monday, July 19, 2010

Kissed by the String

A few weeks ago, while I was at archery practice, I let the unthinkable happen.  I held my arm in such a way as to allow the string, upon release, to hit my arm.  I've heard this referred to as being "kissed" by the string.  Let me tell you, it doesn't feel like a kiss.  There's a lot of force behind that released string and it does NOT feel nice.


I took it cool though.  I glanced down at my arm, maybe winced ever so slightly and might have uttered the word "ow" under my breath.  Or.. I might have grabbed my arm, danced around going "ow ow ow" to anyone who would listen and wimpering like a baby.  The details are fuzzy though, so I'm sure I took it cool.

At the end of practice (2 hours later) I took this photo of my arm, and Santiago's arm.  Santiago is another student in this particular archery class, and he's constantly getting kissed by the string. Doesn't look like anything does it?  Just looks like a pasty white arm in the sun.  You have no idea the turmoil that was brewing just beneath the skin.



This is my arm a few days later.



And my arm a few days after that.



Yeah, archery is a brutal sport.  Not for the feint of heart.

Seriously... Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment