Friday, July 27, 2012

Do You Know James?

I know many of you know who Bob Ross is even before my little video yesterday.  But do you know James Hance?

I'm sure, since Glee came out, you've heard of Mash-ups.  It's where you take two different songs and blend them into one.  Well, James does art mash-ups.  He's probably best known for his Wookie The Chew series of prints.


A blend of Winnie the Pooh and Star Wars.  With Han Solo, Chewbacca, and the gang.


He brings these mash-up characters to life in a way that tickles my memories of childhood and always makes me smile.


He borrows from masters like Norman Rockwell


and Andy Warhol but obviously has a style all his own.


And he's not just limited to Winnie the Pooh and Star Wars, but draws from lots of well loved childhood characters.


Old and new.

Even my beloved Grover has found his way into James' world.


He takes stories and characters we love, and puts his own spin on them. And this is by far, one of my favorites.


His latest artistic triumph is a children's book; a parody based on Dr. Who and Amy Pond, the girl who waited, Goodnight, Pond.


Go. Check him out.  And if you don't fall completely in love with his artwork, you aren't the person I thought you were.


Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment