Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's The Plague!

Well, the first of this school year's sickness has hit our house.  I was all set to walk out the door this morning to head into the office.  The Hubs had gotten The Tweedles up so GG wouldn't have to, and I wandered into their room to say goodbye and found a small, droopy Bug sitting on his bed.  He looked up at me, told me his tummy hurt and then just sort of wilted.  One Sponge Bob thermometer and 100 degrees later and I was emailing work to tell them I'd be working from home today.

Thankfully, the children's Tylenol perked him right up - for four hours before the fever came back.  At one point I looked over from working to find him laying listlessly on the floor playing with a toy car. My poor Bug. After round two of Tylenol, he's playing computer games and insisting he's not tired while he leans heavily on his arm and fights to keep his eyes open.


At least he got to go to his first day of Karate yesterday (I was kicking myself for not having brought my camera.  Next week for sure!) and choir doesn't start until next Tuesday for him.  Meanwhile, I think my Bug needs a cuddle.  Being sick is no fun.

Seriously.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment